New York has been revealed as the favourite place for UK travellers in the first six months of 2011, says a leading travel bookers.
The latest Hotels.com Hotel Price Index ranked the Big Apple top as Britons cashed in on the Sterling’s appreciation against the US Dollar. New York was one of six US cities to feature in the top 20.
Other popular locations included Dubai, still a popular long weekend destination, and the Far East cities of Hong Kong, Bangkok and Singapore.
The full list is below:
1. New York – Get the Hg2 New York City Guide
2. Paris – Get the Hg2 Paris City Guide
3. Las Vegas – Get the Hg2 Las Vegas City Guide
4. Rome – Get the Hg2 Rome City Guide
5. Amsterdam – Get the Hg2 Amsterdam City Guide
7. Barcelona – Get the Hg2 Barcelona City Guide
8. San Francisco – Get the Hg2 San Francisco City Guide **COMING SOON**
9. Dubai – Get the Hg2 Dubai City Guide
10. Berlin – Get the Hg2 Berlin City Guide
11. Los Angeles – Get the Hg2 LA City Guide
13. Hong Kong
14. Madrid – Get the Hg2 Madrid City Guide
16. Prague – Get the Hg2 Prague City Guide
17. Bangkok – Get the Hg2 Bangkok City Guide **COMING SOON**
18. Sydney – Get the Hg2 Sydney City Guide **NEW**
19. Miami – Get the Hg2 Miami City Guide
Hg2 pride ourselves on finding the best destinations and the most inspiring things to do there.
Tell us your favourite destinations in the world on the Hg2 Travel Forum.